Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Halloween Picture Book Linky Party !

Halloween Books…Halloween Books…Love Love Love Halloween Books!


Dragon's Halloween, this is probably my most favorite of all time.  I just love Dragon to pieces and the kids get a kick out of every little thing Draggy (my students' pet name for him) does.  They laugh and want me to read it every day, sometimes 2x a day!!


Froggy's Halloween, who doesn't LOVE Froggy?   We just love to read all about his "Flop Flop Flops" and "Whaaaaat's."  And, I don't know about you, but my kiddos anticipate Froggy's every move and they love when chocolate covered flies are involved.  In fact, I think I'll give them some chocolate covered flies raisins when I read this next week. :)  That will get 'em going for sure!

AND finally,


There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Bat.  There's just something about these books that get you in the spirit.  When I introduced this book to my kiddos last year, they went spastic waiting for the ending…which didn't disappoint.  Like the other books similar to this one, they love to sing and help me read.  I'm going to bring this one out in a week or two but in the meantime, we'll keep singing the original "old lady" song.


Don't forget to pop over to Chrissy at First Grade Found Me and link up with your favorite Halloween books…make sure to also visit as many of the other linkies as possible. There are oodles and oodles of great resources to be found.




15 comments:

  1. I love "There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Bat." I have never read the dragon book--can't wait to add these! I became one of your followers--drop by some time and visit my blog!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krissy!
    Thanks for stopping by Lanier's Lions! I LOVE your blog title...too cute!

    Your Newest Follower,
    Nicole
    Lanier's Kindergarten Lions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to the party! I'm so glad you reminded me of Dav Pilkey's Dragon stories. I love his picture books.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love hearing from other teachers! My kids LOVE Froggy. I am going to order Froggy's Halloween right now! Have a great weekend.
    I am your newest follower!

    Melissa
    http://grellamonsterrs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh!!! How could I have forgotten about Froggy!!! I LOVE LOVE his books! I'm a new follower. Can't wait to meet you at the Blogger Meet Up today!

    Kathy
    coloroutsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Froggy ROCKS! I am very excited to meet you too. This is going to be a great afternoon. :)

      Delete
  6. Love your blog design and choice of Halloween books! Welcome to the bloggy world! I'm a new follower!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to blogging!! Love your cute site - heard about you from First Grade Found Me. Sounds like you had a great meet up today! I'm jealous...but I'm all the way in Wisconsin or I'd have gone for sure!

    I'm having a giveaway...Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Dragon! I don't have that Halloween book - I need to go get it!
    LOVED meeting you today. It was a blast! :D
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traci, I had such a great time Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to the next meet-up! I learned so much and felt instantly welcomed.

      Delete
  9. Just found your blog. I love your design...it's very cute. I love the Halloween season, too! I'm your newest follower. Stop by my blog sometime! Patty
    2ndinline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of the dragon one either...will definitely have to check that out-I love dragons! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so nice to meet you yesterday! Thanks for sharing more info about the common core workbook too. Hope to see you again sometime.
    --Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissy, Enjoyed every minute of Saturday and meeting you. I couldn't believe how fast time flew by…zoom!! We will definitely see each other again soon. Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Krissy - Those are all such good ones. Sorry I missed you at the bloggy meet up...I went last time. Where are you in So. Cal? I live in Temecula. Cute blog BTW...just found you. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete