Saturday, August 11, 2012

My MegaBucks!


I can’t believe it...I have a blog.  I’ve been wanting to start one ever since I became an active blog stalker about 11 months ago.  Who knew a world like this existed?  Not I!  Really, I’m not kidding, I had not a clue as to what a blog was until one day when I was tooling around on the internet looking for some great  ideas for Kinder when I stumbled across Kindergarten Crayons.  Wowie, did I hit the bloggy jackpot!  I really felt like I was in Vegas playing a slot machine and hit MegaBucks!  

Having been teaching for 20+ years and fresh back into Kinder, I couldn’t take my fingers off my mouse and I kept clicking away.  Every click lead me to something new...whether it was a great new idea, a new blog, or the best yet...a FREEBIE!!!  It was wonderful.  But unlike the commercials “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” this (the teaching world of blogging) “happen” needs to be talked about…and shared!

Maybe on your first discovery of a blog you felt the same way I did...that kid in the candy store moment or better yet for some of us gals...that feeling you get when you walk into a huge shoe warehouse that has aisles and aisles of shoes upon shoes just waiting for your feet to slip right in and be taken home.  Yup, I had all those feelings the day I discovered what a blog actually was.

I hope with Ms. Hutten's Buttons, I will be able to give as a thank you for all you fabulous bloggers out there that gave me new and fresh ideas that reinvigorated my love for teaching.  Stay tuned as I am working on freebies for you to grab by the end of the month… 


12 comments:

  1. Hello Krissy!
    Super cute blog! I just nominated you for a blog award, so as soon as you can, hop on over to my blog, pick it up and pass it on!
    Happy blogging!
    Megan
    Teacher Wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan!! Thank you, thank you , thank you for the nomination…I'm so excited!!! Now, if I only knew exactly how to pick it up and pass it on…I'm making that tomorrow's assignment. I might just have to send you and email asking for your help. :) I'm jumping over to your adorable site right now. Happy Blogging right back at ya!

      Delete
  2. Cute blog!!! Don't you love blogging? I just started too! I'm right there with you about the awards. I have been given 2 and I have no idea what to do with them. lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness Krissy! Your blog is as cute as a button! Lol! =)

    Adorable!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. Just ask if you ever need any help. =)

    I would love for you to come and read about our ready confetti and jitter glitter when you get the chance. I also shared a Pete the Cat *freebie* that I know your Kinders will love! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your enthusiasm, Krissy. The blogging world is certainly full of fabulous finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa…here we both go!! :) Having fun all the way.

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the blog world! I am obsessed with your blog design!!!!

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgoodness…thank you! I'm having a bit of a rough start due to circumstances out of my control but I'm back and ready to dive 110% into the blog world. I just love your blog and all your amazing ideas!!! …and a HUGE thank you to Misty and Erika at Honey Bunch Blog Design. I just let Misty know what I was thinking about and then magically they came back with this. It's better than I could have ever imagined. :)

      Delete
  6. Hiya and welcome to the world of blogging

    You do have a really cute blog designs

    I am your newest follower


    Pocket Full of Kinders

    Shuna P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shauna…Your blog is adorable and I love your blog name. It's definitely a little intimidating looking at everyone's wonderful ideas...I'm hoping to take what I learn from all of you and bring my blog to life. So happy to be finally be part of the blogging world! Have a great week! …and thank you for following. :)

      Delete
  7. Super cute blog design! Welcome to the fun!!

    Nancy
    Joy of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy…I'm looking forward to being in the mix with all this fun in blogland! Love your blog! :)

      Delete